Using outdoor adventure to inspire young people into STEM
This fun and exciting adventurous programme uses outdoor education to deliver the key stage 2 and key stage 3 STEM curriculum.
STEM Adventure was the winner of the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom’s Inspiring Innovator Award.
What is STEM Adventure?
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. The STEM Adventure programme has been designed to address the problem of skills shortages in the STEM sector. The UK Commission for Employment and Skills estimates that in 2020 there were 10,000 STEM vacancies in the UK and that nationwide 26% of core STEM vacancies are hard to fill.
Residential programme: 3 days, 2 nights
- Arrive at White Hall, the groups will be shown to their dorms before lunch. After lunch the groups will go straight into their first session.
- 5:30pm evening meal, then into an evening activity relating to STEM.
- 8:00am breakfast
- 9:20am morning session begins
- The day will be split into two halves, morning and afternoon, with a break for lunch.
- 5:30pm evening meal, followed by an evening activity relating to STEM.
- 8:00am breakfast
- 9:20am meet instructor to start morning session
- 1pm set off for the inspiring industrial visit
Each programme will be tailored to the individual groups needs.
Non-residential programme – 3 consecutive days
- Each day the groups will be picked up from school and brought to White Hall
- Straight into the first session.
- Break for lunch (provided by White Hall)
- Afternoon session begins
- Back to school
On the final day the groups will have a morning session at White Hall, followed by lunch. They will then set off for their industrial visit and taken back to school.
After the course has ended, each group will create a presentation on their findings and deliver it to the rest of the groups back at school.
You can choose from a selection of activities, such as; shelter building, zip wire, bush craft, night hike, orienteering, high ropes and mountain biking.
Our STEM adventure programme will cost £25 per person for either the 3 day residential or 3 day non-residential course.
Included in the price:
- Transport to and from school
- All meals (lunch only for non-residential)
- Accommodation (residential only)
- A wide range of activities linked to the STEM curriculum
To start your STEM journey, get in touch
via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call the centre on 01298 23260
to discuss your programme today