Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
Family Activities Terms and Conditions
- Outdoor Activities for the whole family consist of a 2 ½ hour session of activities at either Lea Green Centre (nr Matlock) OR White Hall Centre (Buxton) OR Adventur Mobile Activities Team (Chesterfield) OR Darley Barn (Derby City) which make up Derbyshire Outdoor Education Service, part of Derbyshire County Council.
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Maximum of 2 children per adult.
- Derbyshire Outdoor Education Service reserves the right to change activities based on the environment and weather as well as needs and abilities of the individuals taking part in activities.
- The below minimum age limits apply to individual activities. Weight / size limits may apply for safety reasons.
10yrs+ mountain biking
7yrs+ canoeing/climbing/high ropes/archery & indoor caving/climbing tower & grass sledging/double hulled dragon boat
5yrs+ low ropes & buggies/bushcraft & buggies/inclusive activities for additional needs
- There needs to be a minimum number for the course to run and the course can only be confirmed when this number is met.
- All safety equipment and full instructor supervision is included.
- All members of your group must abide by all safety regulations set out by our instructors on the day.
- In the event of an accident, loss or damage, Derbyshire County Council will only accept liability where the accident, loss or damage is caused by the negligence of the County Council, its employees, agents or subcontractors.
- Course members are NOT insured by Derbyshire County Council against personal injury, loss or damage that is not caused by negligence on the part of Derbyshire County Council or its employees, agents or subcontractors.
Group members can look at taking out personal accident, loss or damage and cancellation insurance arranged by themselves.
- Places on the activity day are booked once the booking form and payment has been received and the course has met the minimum number required.
- Travel, accommodation and lunch is not included.
- All information about what to wear for activities and location of the centre will be sent once the date of the visit has been confirmed.
- We are able to tailor activities for people with additional needs and disabilities to ensure the centres are accessible to as many people as possible – please contact us if a member of your family has additional needs.
- Payment is non-refundable. Bookings may be transferred, if there is availability, to another family activity session with up to 2 weeks notice. Should the session have to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, a mutually convenient date will be agreed. The family will be contacted in case of cancellation.